Is your head just too freakin' big? Our hat stretcher can ease the pain. Here's how you use it to increase your hat by 1/4 size:
- Lay Hat Jack on flat surface, labels up (wood forms are tapered).
- Twist center handle to approximate hat size.
- Place in hat, labels up, center handle parallel to crease in hat crown.
- Tighten handle to snug fit - If you're using the Hat Jack just to help the hat hold its shape, hat is ready for storage.
***Always rest hat on its crown, brim up.**
- To increase size...
- Repeat above steps.
- Using teapot or pan with lid slightly ajar, boil clean water, then reduce heat to produce a steady flow of steam.
- Holding Hat Jack handle, direct steam evenly to outside of band area.
- Twist handle to stretch hat to desired size while applying steam.
***DO NOT over stretch any hat - 1/4 size maximum. (Ex: 7 to 7 1/4)***
- Allow hat to cool and dry 20-30 minutes before removing Hat Jack.
- Repeat if hat shrinks until hat maintains desired size & fit.