Why Buy a Cowboy Hat Made in Mexico
Do you need a new cowboy hat? If the answer is yes, then you’re in luck! The professionals at Gone Country Hats have a hard-earned reputation for offering the best deals in the industry on hats. Whether you need a specific hat for a specific job, or you just want to try out a new stylish look, a Mexican-made Gone Country Hat is perfect for you. You may think American-made hats are better quality, but the truth is that the processes are essentially the same regardless of where they’re manufactured, and the materials to make the hat are almost always sourced from other countries in the first place. Also when you buy a Gone Country Cowboy Hat, you’re supporting a workforce of thousands of skilled individuals dedicated to making a quality product. Read on to learn more about why you should feel great about buying a cowboy hat made in Mexico!
Quick Facts on Mexican Hats
- Did you know that the felt hat industry began in Europe in the 18th century and moved to the U.S. in the 1800s? The straw hat industry has been centered in Mexico since the 15th century. It’s true!
- Paper straw hat bodies are usually made by machine from China or Japan.
- Palm leaf cowboy hats are handwoven in Mexico because the raw materials are primarily acquired in the area.
- 90% of Mexican hat-making facilities are located in San Francisco del Rincon, Guanajuato. It's a town with an extremely knowledgeable and affordable workforce of 60,000 people.
- The network that supplies components for the Mexican hat industry is extensive. Multiple businesses have been built to make choices available for every component within a 10 minute drive from the main facility. This network allows for an extremely productive lead time for sourcing.
- Smaller runs of styles or sizes of hat are easier to produce with Mexican handmade production. Other countries require large minimum quantities.
- Felt hats are typically upward of $200, whereas a felt hat made in beautiful Mexico are a fraction of the price for the same or better quality.
- Annually, tens of millions of hats are made in Mexico and sold around the world. It’s a serious and elaborate industry!
Are you still on the fence about buying a cowboy hat made in Mexico? You’re doing yourself a disservice with all the second guessing. The hat industry in Mexico is a thriving business with millions of units made and shipped every year. Like any other industry, the employees are highly trained in quality control and perform regular inspections. This is a key aspect of creating a quality end product, and one that the Mexican western hat industry does not overlook. Try one of our hats to see for yourself. Chances are it’ll feel like a second skin on your scalp and you’ll never want to take it off again, even in the shower. We don’t recommend that level of dedication to your cowboy hat made in Mexico, but we understand the impulse. The bottom line is, Mexican cowboy hats are great products with amazing attention to detail and made at an impressively low cost. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a new hat today from Gone Country Hats!